Thursday 20 August 2009

Day w/ Trailblazers

Today, I went to the office after a much long break due to my flu to help Bobby with the Hotline for students, as is part of our Education Campaign for Trailblazers.

Upon arrival at about 11:00, I just went to the Education Report for about a hour, while waiting for the other Trailblazers. Then around 11:50, once the other Trailblazers arrived, we went into the Conference Room where phones were set up for us to answer anyone who called on the Hotline between 12 and 3; and Bobby told the three other Trailblazers (Zoë, Kim and Matilda) and I what to say to the students calling our Hotline. Sadly, no one called our Hotline, but we still had a good time regardless.

So, we just started discussing some ideas about our next campaign on Leisure Facilities while Bobby went to get sandwiches for lunch. When he came back, we shared his ideas with him and then had some lunch, having a lot of fun too.

During lunch, I also had a quick chat w/ Phil (Chief Executive of the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign) and discuss some thoughts w/ him. Always an interesting conversaition w/ Phil...

After lunch, Bobby told us about a new grant that would be available for Trailblazers to do a project that is worth about £10,000 or so. We, Trailblazers, decided that we should create a film, which we all thought would be very interesting. However, I am keeping the details under wraps until all lights are go.

In addition, as nobody called the Hotline, Bobby suggested that the Trailblazers use the Conference Call phone to all answer a call from a mock caller and Zoë’s brother was pushed into it after Bobby’s voice sounded too old or something over the speaker on the phone. This was all so we could take a video of all the Trailblazers looking like we were doing lots of work and to add to the Trailblazers website. LOL!

Before I knew it, it was already 3 pm and almost time to go home. Though, Bobby asked me to take a quick video why I wanted to be a Trailblazer or something like that and we went off to find a good location to record it in the office that had a decent backdrop. In the end, we ended up in the kitchen and I shot my video; although I don’t think it was very good since I was just pulling it out of the air, but hopefully it was okay.

Also, subsequent to the Trailblazers leaving, Bobby gave the Trailblazers a Flip Video Mino to use for uploading interesting videos onto the Trailblazers website, and I cannot wait to start using it…

Once I finished my video in the kitchen I said my goodbyes to everyone at the office and headed home before London rush hour started.

All in all, it was a great day w/ lots of laughter, interesting discussions and a bit of hard work too! I’m definitely going to continue to work w/ Trailblazers and the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign for many years to come…

1 comment:

qifei2012 said...

Ms Lync is really a innate illness instant messaging, reputation, audio tracks, movie, Website conference meetings as well as tone of voice capabilities in one platform Microsoft Office 2010 Key. Lync aid individual applications in keeping make use of, which include Ms office, Microsoft SharePoint as well as Microsoft Exchange office 2010. Microsoft office 2010