Thursday 16 July 2009

First Day of Work Experience

Today, I went to the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign HQ where it was the first day of my work experience officially at office. I started my work experience since August 2008 w/ the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign / Trailblazers, but as I didn’t have a good wheelchair to go into the office I have had to do my work experience from home. Thankfully, now that I have a new wheelchair, I can hopefully start going into the office for my work experience one or two days a week during the summer before I start my University in September.

The day at the office today turned out okay, and when I got home I was feeling a bit down because I was unable to do any physical activity (type anything on their computer and administrative work) needed and Dad ended up helping me doing the majority of the work, which made me feel quite bad. Talking to the Trailblazers Project Manager before I left the office, he said that they might be able to find a volunteer willing to scribe for me at the office, so I will see what happens.

I have so many great ideas that I just need to find a way to express them to others without much or any physical activity on my part. It’s so inspiring and wonderful to go into the office that I just need to do it more often, becoming productive and efficient for myself. Stay tuned for more exciting news from the office…

No comments: