Monday 6 July 2009

Wonderful Weekend

I had the most amazing weekend, chronicled as followed:

FRIDAY – Watched British No. 1 Seed (World No. 3 Seed) Andy Murray lose to Andy Roddick at the Wimbledon Gentlemen's Singles Semifinals on telly. What a killer serve Roddick has! Interesting game; Murray played rubbish and just gave up winning…

Also, on Friday night my younger brother, Sufian (SOOF*YAAN), had to go the A&E (ER) via ambulance b/c he was feeling very ill w/ severe right eye/chest pain. Thankfully, I was nothing serious and he was home early Saturday morning. I just pray that he stays well since he’s a very lively 13-year-old and always running in to a wall or something.

SATURDAY – First off, Happy Independence Day to all my friends in the USA!
On Saturday, I attended Beyond Boundaries Live in Farnborough, Hampshire and I represented the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign / Trailblazers (where I do work experience). It was quite an interesting event for disabled people with wicked activities such as scuba diving, rock climbing and "Pimp My Wheelchair"; and Bobby (Trailblazers Project Manager) and I gave a presentation about Trailblazers, which went pretty well. Overall, it was a brilliant experience! Check out more here .

SUNDAY – Yesterday, was my 24th birthday: HURRAH! For my birthday I went to the cinema to see “Ice Age 3 Dawn Of The Dinosaurs” w/ my siblings (Sarah, Sana and Sufian) and Vaios (my Greek carer who kindly drove us). It was quite a funny film and the only film we could watch w/ my younger siblings. *** THREE 1/2 STARS ***

Afterwards, we watched the Wimbledon Gentlemen's Singles Final between Roger Federer and Andy Roddick. A very exciting final, indeed! When the game was over, we had cake that was so yummy. About an hour later, my one of Mum best friends, Razia (Aunty Roz), with her son (Irfan) and his new wife (who got married last July) came to visit to wish me a happy birthday. It’s always nice to see Aunty Roz and was especially nice to see Irfan as I’ve not seen him since September. We just sat and laughed, enjoying each other’s company. Once they’d left, we had dinner at about 22.30; Mum made Chicken Tikka Masala w/ rice and baked fish with spices, which was amazing… An excellent birthday, indeed!

Overall, my weekend was very enjoyable. A well good entire weekend!

No comments: