Friday 11 September 2009

Ilford Recorder Interview

When we made the trip to Bradford on Friday, 4 September to attend the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign National Conference, I received a phone call from the Ilford Recorder who interviewed me about receiving my President’s Award for 2009 Young Person of the Year. I discussed many things including my passion for volunteering.

After I was done, the guy said that he’d send a photographer on Monday to take my photo and when he came around on Monday morning (7-09-09) he just spent barely 10 minutes taking my photo in my garden in the rain; and that was that.

When I got that from uni tonight, I read the article in the Ilford Recorder from yesterday. It’s pretty good and a big thank you to Dave (my brilliant Connexions Advisor) for contacting them to call me. Though, they wrote the wrong uni that I’m attending; it’s actually University for the Creative Arts at Farnham not University of the Arts London. Well, that’s the media for you; they can’t ever get anything right…

Will try to upload it later.

No comments: